Through a patented process DMT® has combined the finer abrasive characteristics of ceramic with a lightweight aluminum base to create an unbreakable, wear-resistant sharpener. Boasting the convenience of a traditional butcher steel and designed with a comfortable safety guard equipped handle, the 12″ x .5″ (304 mm x 13 mm) ceramic rod offers the finest polished edge of all bonded abrasives and the right choice for regular “touch ups” to maintain a razor sharp edge. Overall, the ceramic surface (7 micron / 2200 mesh) is specialized to achieve a polished edge. Complete with a durable construction that will provide years of consistent performance and reliable service professionals rely on the superior quality and versatility of DMT® products for proper tool maintenance. Made in the USA.
- Dimensions: Rod measures 12” x .5” (304 mm x 13 mm).
- Grit: Between Extra Fine and Extra Extra Fine (see DMT Grit Chart)
- Sanitary plastic handle with large guard for safety
- Unbreakable, lightweight, and wear-resistant
- Polishing and refining an edge is easily achieved with the ceramic rod surface
- No oil needed, sharpen dry or with water